By “personal information” we mean information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person.)
Third Party Website Links
What Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Contact information, such as your name, shipping address, phone number, and/or email address;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, items you have altered or custom made (including measurements), payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and brand and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, information about wish list items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, registry information, product review information, and other information about your profile or account;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birth date, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you;
- Video recordings and photographic information of you when you visit one of our stores;
- Call recordings including information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone;
- Location information of your device that you use with our mobile application, if your device settings allow us to collect location information; and
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website or mobile application, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our website and mobile application, the website pages and items you view using our website and mobile application, and the items you purchase.
How We Collect Information
We collect information on our website and during calls with you. We also obtain information from you and from third parties. For example, we collect and obtain information:
- You provide, such as when you make a purchase, contact us, register for an online account, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, register to attend an event or appointment, apply for employment, or sign up for emails or marketing;
- From third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with;
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website or mobile application, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website or mobile application (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device: that you install our mobile application on; that you use to access our website; or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our mobile application or website or you choose to share it with us. Methods we use include: —cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and are typically small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser); —web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, use or mobile application, or open an email we send to you); —website log files (which we tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website); —Flash cookies (which may be placed using Adobe Flash software—learn more about privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies here); and —other technologies (which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above).
How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s) and memberships; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our customer services; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the Your Choices section below);
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website and mobile application; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website and mobile application; and improve our website and mobile application;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Your Choices and Access Requests
- You can access and review your personal information in the My Account section of the Site. If your personal information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Site you should immediately update or correct your personal information (as applicable) by accessing the My Account section on the Site or, alternatively, by contacting our customer support team.
- Please note that we shall retain your personal information during and following the end of your use of the Site as required to comply with law, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations and to take any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Third Party Website Links
- Like many websites, the Site uses ‘cookie’ technology (small computer files placed on your computer’s hard drive). When you go to particular website pages on the Site, the cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number.
- The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you. Cookies help us improve your experience of the Site and also help us understand which parts of the Site are the most popular. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
Security and Fraud
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through our website and mobile application. In general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information.
- We hold your personal information on servers located in Ireland and the United States.
- By providing us with personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and its storage on, our servers located in the Ireland and the United States. We take every precaution to safeguard all your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- All personal information is encrypted. However, the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information.
- You must enter your username and password each time you want to access your account or make transactions on the Site.
We encourage you to take the following steps as well to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your Digshop account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Using complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters);
- Not using the same password on more than one website;
- Not sharing your password with others;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device; and
- Sign out/log off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
You may come in contact with websites, emails or texts that try to lure you into providing personal information with an offer. Digshop does not sponsor or endorse these offers. If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on a website or in an email or text, please forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow up.
Updates to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Policy.
Last update: July 1st, 2019